These are the protocols we use for training at the CPT. They are intentionally generic in order to be applicable to a variety of phage-host systems. You will need to culture and maintain your host cells using whatever media and culture conditions are appropriate for the organism. For phage plating, it is important to use solid media that is optically clear in order to be able to visualize plaques against the bacterial lawn.
- Basic microbiology techniques (06-11-2011)
- Phage enrichments (07-12-2011)
- Subculturing phage isolates (07-12-2011)
- Plating out phage (04-18-2011)
- Making a plate lysate (07-12-2011)
- Phage DNA extraction (modified Wizard method) (07-12-2011)
- CsCl phage prep (08-17-2011)